International first-year students who exhibit remarkable academic accomplishment are eligible for full or partial tuition waivers through the Texas Tech University Freshman Presidential Scholarship Program. This merit-based grant assists deserving students in pursuing their academic objectives at Texas Tech University by recognizing their achievements.
- Level: Undergraduate
- Sponsor: Texas Tech University USA
- Country: USA
- Possess a non-resident status as specified by Texas Tech University as an international student.
- Be a first-time freshman who has never taken college courses before.
- Possess a stellar academic background with a high school GPA of at least 3.5 (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale.
- Attain the SAT or ACT test scores that are competitive, as specified on the program webpage.
- Fulfill all prerequisites for overseas students’ entrance to universities.
Requirements for International Presidential Scholarship Program
- Fill out the Texas Tech University admissions application and send in the necessary supporting documentation, such as test results and official transcripts.
- By the deadline, which is usually April 15th, submit a separate application for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship Program.
- Write a paper summarizing your extracurricular activities, academic accomplishments, and future objectives.
- Send in recommendation letters (optional, but suggested).
- Tuition waivers might be whole or partial; the amount depends on availability and academic quality.
- Possibility of living on campus in a community approved for scholarships.
first dibs on class enrollment.
- Availability of social and academic support services.
- Opportunities for networking with other scholarship recipients, staff, and teachers.
Package for Scholarships
The scholarship package’s worth fluctuates based on your academic standing and the amount of money available.
- The whole undergraduate program’s in-state tuition is covered by full tuition waivers.
- A percentage reduction in tuition fees is offered by partial tuition waivers.
- There might be more possibilities for financial help available to augment the scholarship.
How to Apply
- For comprehensive details and instructions on how to apply, see the Texas Tech University International Admissions page.
- Check out the Freshman Presidential Scholarship Program website for details on deadlines and qualifying conditions.
- By the deadline, submit your online application for admission and the scholarship program.
- Send in all necessary paperwork by mail or electronically.
Await hearing back regarding the status of your application.
Due to the intense competition, this scholarship program only offers a small number of scholarships year. Having fulfilled the minimal qualifying conditions does not ensure that you will be awarded the scholarship.
It is highly recommended to apply early. Get in touch with Texas Tech University’s Office of International Affairs with any inquiries or for further details.
Resources on the Website: