A fully financed scholarship for international students to study in China’s Hubei Province is available through the Hubei Government Scholarships 2024.
To apply for the Hubei Government Scholarships 2024, click here. The Hubei Scholarship application deadline is between February and June. Funding for the scholarship is complete. You are not required to pay any fees. Every cost will be covered by the Chinese government. International applications are welcome for this scholarship.
The initial funding for the scholarship will come from the Beijing Municipal Education Commission, which will contribute 35 million yuan (approximately $5 million). The scholarship is divided into three categories, with each winner earning an extra 40,000 yuan (about $5,700).
Science and education have advanced to an extremely high degree in Hubei. In addition to seven significant universities that are part of the National 211 Project, China is home to 120 higher education institutions, including two of the top 10 universities (Wuhan University and Huazhong University of Science and Technology). In Hubei’s higher education institutions as of the end of 2010, there were 103,000 postgraduate students and 1.4 million undergraduate students enrolled.
Hubei Government Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: China
- Host Institution: Hubei Government
- Degree level: Undergraduate, Master’s and Ph.D
- Award: Funded
- Deadline: Between February and June
List of Universities
- Yangtze University
- Jianghan University
- Hubei University of Technology
- Wuhan Institute of Technology
- Wuhan Textile University
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Central China Normal University
- Wuhan University of Technology
- China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law
- Huazhong Agricultural University
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine
- Wuhan Polytechnic University
- Hubei University of Automobile Technology
- Hubei Institute of Fine Arts
- Wuhan Conservatory of Music
- Hubei University for Nationalities
- Hubei University of Medicine
- Hubei University of Economics
- Wuhan Institute of Physical Education
- South-Central University for Nationalities
- Hubei University
- The scholarship’s duration is four years for candidates pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region.
- For applicants enrolled in suitable advanced studies or Chinese language instruction at Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region, the scholarship’s duration must be less than one year.
- Scholarships for academics and foreigners looking for specialized education in Beijing-area Chinese universities and colleges should be available for a shorter period of time than a year.
- Scholarships awarded to exchange students or students who have significantly improved the quality of foreign education in Beijing need to be for a period less than a year.
- For Doctorate scholarship: 20,000 RMB per year.
- For Graduate Scholarship: 15,000 RMB per year.
- For Undergraduate Scholarship: 10,000 per year.
- For Advanced Scholar Scholarship (including visiting scholars, similarly hereinafter): 10,000 per 6 months or 20,000 per year.
- For General Scholar Scholarship: 5,000 RMB per 6 months or 10,000 per year.
- Except for Chinese nationals, all international students are eligible.
- Candidates must have Chinese friends and hold valid passports from another nation.
- Candidates must be diligent, civil, and have great grades.
- Candidates need to be in good health.
- Candidates for undergraduate scholarships must be 25 years of age or younger and possess a degree that is at least comparable to a Chinese high school diploma.
- Candidates for graduate scholarships must be no older than 30 and possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates seeking doctorate scholarships must be at least 35 years old and possess a master’s degree.
- Copy of Passport
- Notarized highest diploma
- Letter of Recommendation
- Health Certificate
- Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship Application Form
- Notarized Transcript / Certificate of Job Title
- In China, candidates under the age of 18 must provide their legal guardians with official documents.
The last date to apply for the Hubei Scholarships is Between February and June.
How To Apply?
- Application materials for the Hubei Government Scholarships 2023 are available online.
- Complete an online form and email or upload the necessary files.
- For further details about the Hubei Government Scholarships and the application procedure, kindly click the “Official Website