The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to deserving students who want to study at Japanese universities as well as to Japanese students abroad in order to help them learn cutting-edge technologies and enhance their capabilities and serve as a bridge between Japan and the rest of the world in terms of shared friendships and culture. The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is providing the award. Students interested in pursuing Masters and PhD programs at any Japanese higher education institution are eligible for these funds. This scholarship is fully supported, and an additional 10 scholarships are given out each session. In the fall and spring of each year, scholarships are available.
This fellowship is completely supported and includes a monthly stipend, housing costs, and travel costs to an international conference. The pupils must be able to participate in activities planned by the foundation and possess a thorough grasp of international friendship. This scholarship aims to draw exceptional and talented individuals from all over the world by giving them the opportunity to study in any topic of interest at any Japanese university for higher education. Since the HONJO scholarship is extremely competitive, prospective applicants should submit their applications directly to the foundation without being pre-selected by a Japanese university.
The application process is described below and is done online. The minimal requirements for qualifying are a high school diploma, 16 years of schooling for master’s degrees, and a master’s degree for doctoral degrees. Since the interview will be held in Japanese, applicants must be able to hold a basic conversation in the language. All students worldwide are welcome to submit an application. International students can also apply for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship to study in Japan.
|Scholarship Offered By||Honjo International Scholarship Foundation|
|Eligible countries||International Students|
|Degree offer||Masters & Ph.D.|
|Program Period||Up to 5 years|
|Number of scholarships||10+|
|Deadline||Spring Deadline: September 1 – October 31, 2023|
Selected candidates for this scholarship can receive the subsequent benefits:
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 years or 5 years
- The travel expenses to attend an international conference will be provided.
- The winner of the scholarship is not allowed to obtain any other scholarships in addition to the one provided by the organization.
Also Check: Italy 2023–24 University of Pavia Scholarships
- Applicant must be international and does not have Japanese citizenship.
- Candidates may apply if they are already enrolled in an approved degree program or if they are requesting admission to a program at any Japanese institution.
- Applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates applying to graduate programs with a research component are eligible to apply.
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- Applicant must have an excellent academic background.
- Applicant must be able to converse in Japanese Language.
- By the time of application, the maximum age for PhD students is 35, while the maximum age for Masters students is 30.
Apply for: Government of Hubei Scholarships 2024
- Academic transcript (Japanese or English )
- Research plan in Japanese (Research plan template)
- A recommendation letter from a supervisor
- documents that attest to admittance, such as letters of acceptance and admission.
- Valid Passport
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation will accept applications through October 31, 2023, for the spring 2023 semester. The application period will begin on September 1st, 2023. So, you must submit an application using this window.
- Click on the “Apply link” below.
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply and have all the required documents.
- “Online application system” is now available. Complete the application form and upload the necessary files.
- When the required paperwork is received, the application window is opened, and a PDF of the form is produced. Save the PDF file so you may access it later when the results are announced on the official website.