Applications are being accepted for the South Korean Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology scholarships. The GIST University Scholarships 2024 invites qualified and talented students, researchers, and technical professionals to pursue their MS, PhD, and MS leading to PhD degrees at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) in South Korea.
The GIST Scholarship is available to all overseas students without a separate application. The scholarship covers all expenses, including school fees, meals, lodging, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and airfare. There is no application cost at GIST University. Below are more specifics on the GIST University Scholarship in South Korea 2024.
Details About GIST University Scholarships in South Korea 2024
- Host Country: South Korea
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Degree Level: Masters, PhD
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 13th October 2023
Degree Programs and Duration
- Master of Science Program (M.S.) – 2 Years
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.) – 4 Years
- Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program (M.S./Ph.D.)
The M.S., Ph.D., and M.S./Ph.D. programs have maximum completion times of three years, seven years, and eight years, respectively.
Financial Benefits of the GIST Scholarships in South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee Supported
- Monthly stipend for all international students
- Research Stipend for students participating in research projects
- Housing (All Students)
- 60% Health Insurance (All International Students)
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
Exemption of English Language Test Proficiency
At GIST University, all classes are taught in English. Without taking an English proficiency test, anyone can apply. You must submit your test results later if you were chosen.
You can apply to GIST without having taken the English Proficiency Test if you earned your bachelor’s degree in an English-speaking nation like Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, or the USA.
All applicants must also submit their results from an official English proficiency test, such as the TOEFL (IBT, PBT), IELTS, TOEIC, or TEPS.
TOEFL: iBT 80, PBT 550
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEIC: 750
- NEW TEPS: 285
The Korean Immigration Service may need an English or Korean test score for a VISA application, so the GIST University strongly advises that you obtain the English test score.
- Applicants from all countries can apply.
- A bachelor’s degree that is comparable to a Korean bachelor’s is required for applicants.
- All documents must be submitted.
- Please Read the FAQs
Required Documents from Students
- Official degrees and transcripts are required or notarized copies are acceptable.
- The recommenders’ names and stamps must appear on two letters of recommendation.
- The recommenders do not have to send the letters independently or separately.
- Official English language test report.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is required.
Online Application Process
- Submit the online application by uploading the required documents.
- When the application and all necessary documents have been verified, the international admissions coordinator will get in touch with you. (Use the web application to view My Status)
- Notification of the admissions results by November 30, 2023
- Apply for a student visa.
How to Apply for the GIST University Scholarship in South Korea 2024?
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Tech. Scholarships announcement for the spring of 2024 is ready. Below is a link to the announcement’s official page.