International undergraduate students can enroll in Germany’s eight-week HZB Summer Student program at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin. Under the guidance of HZB scientists with expertise in photon science, photovoltaics, chemical energy, solar energy, accelerators, electrochemical energy storage, quantum, and functional materials, twenty students will have the chance to conduct research on a project of their choice.
The summer internship program offers students the opportunity to work with research professionals in state-of-the-art laboratories located in HZB campuses in Berlin. These laboratories are used for conducting various energy conversion studies. Additionally, they will learn how to creatively use energy and power in a variety of cutting-edge fields. Anyone interested in making a difference in climate change has a great opportunity to do so through this international summer program.
Students will get the opportunity to visit the research centre BESSY II accelerator during this eight-week paid international summer student program (ISSP), where they will be able to observe equipment and machinery utilized for the storage and acceleration of electrons. The program will involve students in workshops covering topics such as science communication and entrepreneurship. The program will conclude with a scientific poster presentation as the concluding event.
During their stay in Germany, participants will have the opportunity to socialize and meet people from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Students will gain practical experience utilizing scientific equipment as they work in laboratories on their research projects. This experience will help them succeed in their vocations later on.
HZB Summer Student Program in Germany 2024:
- Host Country: Germany
- Host University: Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
- Summer Location: Berlin
- Summer Program Dates: 1st July 2024- 23rd August 2024
Benefits of the HZB Summer Program 2024 in Germany:
- 75% of the time spent travelling Students from EU nations will receive sponsorship of 200 euros, while students from non-EU countries will receive sponsorship worth 800 euros.
- As a subsistence stipend, 900 euros will be given to international students studying at Berlin and Potsdam universities, and 1.000 euros will be given to internal students.
- Visit two research centers located in HBZ institutes
- Tours to other research centers in Berlin
- Sessions related to entrepreneurship and scientific culture
Eligibility Criteria for HZB Summer Student Program 2024:
Applicants applying must:
- Enroll in an undergraduate program in a biological, physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, life sciences, or environmental science-related discipline.
- Finish at least four semesters of college to earn the necessary degree.
- Be enrolled in the current university while attending the HZB program.
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Submit a letter of recommendation with their application.
How to apply for the HZB Summer Student Program:
- Students must use the online application form found on the website to submit their applications.
- Application form should be submitted before the deadline
- This application form must be submitted with the necessary supporting documentation.
Documents Required for the 2024 HZB Program:
- Academic CV should not be more than 2 pages
- certificate of enrollment from the university where you are presently enrolled
- Current academic transcript
- Reference letter
- Photocopy of passport or National Identity Card
- Declaration of Certificate of Enrollment
Requirements for the 2024 HZB Program:
After enrolling participants should:
- Visit Berlin from July 1st to August 23rd, 2024
- Attend the complete program of eight weeks
- Work 40 hours per week
- Finish the research assignment in eight weeks.
HZB Program Deadline:
The HZB Summer Program 2024 application deadline is December 31, 2023.