UCI welcomes outstanding undergraduate and master’s degree students to apply for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships category. By participating, freshmen entering high school as well as transfer students can participate in the academic session 2023-2024.
Freshmen may renew the award up to three times; transfers who have completed their original term may extend it for an extra year if all qualifying criteria are met. Scholarship applications for continuing studies can be submitted from January until the conclusion of the current academic year.
UC Irvine provides various scholarship opportunities to undergraduate students through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ annual scholarship online application, which is open from January to the end of each academic year.
Scholarship Universe, an online portal used by UCI, connects students to scholarship options depending on their profile. Scholarship Universe also gives them access to both campus-wide and external awards.
FAFSA can be used to determine your eligibility for federal student aid, whereas the California Dream Act Application allows students without documentation to apply as non-citizen non-residents under Assembly Bill 540 (AB540), or to attend eligible California colleges/universities/career education programs to be considered non-residents and thus receive state financial aid. These applications may aid with need-based scholarships as well as determining how much financial assistance may be granted by states such as California.
It is important to note that the Distinguished Scholarship category does not require an application; students immediately qualify as candidates through their UC application for admission, and this award does not evaluate any specific conditions during the selection process. Fall admission eligibility must occur by November 30 in order to be evaluated. If interested, students should apply as soon as possible to be evaluated for one or all three scholarship possibilities before November 30.
UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024:
- University of California Irvine
- Undergraduates & Masters
- Domestic & International Students
UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024 Benefits:
- UC Irvine has a number of enticing scholarship options for California residents wanting to graduate high school, such as freshmen entering university immediately after high school or transfer students enrolling from California Community Colleges. The Regents’ Scholarship is a popular scholarship that automatically renews for three years for freshmen students entering university directly, or for one additional year if recipients remain eligible and their initial award was for transfer students if certain eligibility requirements are met.
- UC Irvine offers several exceptional scholarship programs to California citizens who are about to graduate from high school or transfer students from a community institution. The Dean’s Excellence Scholarship, for example, may be renewed beyond the first year if all eligibility requirements are met.
- Directors’ Fellowship Directors’ grants are one of UC Irvine’s finest scholarship programs for in-state and out-of-state students enrolled at UCI, offering renewable grants if all qualifying conditions are met for at least one year.
2023-2024 UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students Criteria for Eligibility:
Applicants must meet the following standards to be considered for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category scholarships:
- Students enrolled as full-time undergraduate and Master’s degree students (minimum 12 units each academic quarter) at UCI must submit this application form (Doctoral degree students should not fill out this application; instead, consult their department/Graduate Division about potential scholarship/fellowship opportunities).
- To be considered for need-based scholarships and grants, undergraduate applicants to UCI should have at least a 2.5 GPA; applicants for financial aid at UCI must have at least an 8.75 GPA overall and have submitted and been eligible to file the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); this application can be filed at studentaid.ed.gov. Alternatively, people who do not achieve this eligibility criteria but are qualified for fee exemption under AB 540 should apply for need-based scholarship financing through the California Dream Act, which can be found at dream.csac.ca.gov after completed successfully.
Students obtaining their first bachelor’s degrees as US citizens, permanent residents, or qualified non-citizens are eligible for this program.
- International students may be eligible for UCI scholarships; however, because they are unable to submit the FAFSA or the CA Dream Act Application, they are not eligible for need-based grants that could potentially help cover these expenditures.
Apply also: Queen’s University Scholarships in Canada 2024
Procedure for Applying for UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024:
How to Apply: There is no application required for the Distinguished Scholarship category; rather, students immediately qualify based on their UC application for admission and are automatically eligible for this sort of scholarship.
- There are no additional prerequisites to be eligible for these rewards; merely get accepted into an admission program before November 30. Each scholarship opportunity requires the following standards to be met in order to be eligible: 1.) Acceptance before November 30, 2.) Eligibility for at least one of these scholarships
- The Regents’ Scholarship is decided using data from the UC Application for Admission as well as Scholarships, which does not require any additional documentation in the selection process. Fall admission applications submitted before November 30 are eligible for consideration; those seeking Spring or Winter quarter admission are not.
- The Chancellor’s Excellence Award is determined solely on information obtained from the UC Application for Admission and any scholarships received, with no additional consideration required in selecting honorees. To be considered for selection as part of this scholarship program, fall admission applications submitted before November 30th must be complete; winter quarter and spring quarter applications will not count.
- A Director’s Scholarship is awarded based on information contained in the University of California Application for Admission and Scholarships, with eligibility determined by being either a United States Citizen, a permanent resident, an international student holding an F1 visa, or a foreign resident student from outside the US who also holds such status. To be considered eligible for The Directors’ Scholarship and apply for admissions before November 30, you must apply during the Fall quarter, as Spring and Winter candidates do not match this condition.
The application deadline for the University of California, Irvine Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024 is November 30, 2023.