Do you want your videos to be more amazing to watch, better in terms of appearance, sound, and creativity?
Want to get the most of your photography using a smartphone, DSLR, or mirrorless camera?
Perfect! You’ve made it to the right video production course!
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skillset and film school level understanding of:
1. First Hand Film Set Experience
Join me first as I take you behind-the-scenes of a high-end client shoot to get a better understanding of how the video production process actually operates. These courses are jam-packed with important filmmaking principles and ideas that the remainder of the course material can be built upon.
• Set up and choose the best way to shoot your specific video
• Main steps to film a cooler looking and cinematic project
• Cinematography and composition fundamentals
• Techniques to maximise your location and time while shooting
• Creatively use your lenses, surrounding, and camera
2. Get the Most Out of Your Camera Settings
Setting up your camera correctly is the first step in taking photos that look fantastic. You’ll learn exactly how to adjust the features, options, and parameters on your camera here. You’ll feel more comfortable getting outside and starting to shoot after taking these core learning modules.
• Learn how to effectively use all of the functions and settings on your camera
• Get the perfect exposure with ISO, shutter speed, and aperture
• Create a great looking image with white balance and frame rate
• Use picture profile and focal length for your specific shooting style
• Utilise your camera’s latitude and dynamic range
3. Light and Shoot Your Scenes Like a Pro
We’ll use lighting and video production methods now that you have a firm grasp of your camera to really make your videos pop. With the help of these practical tutorials, you will be able to produce stunning-looking photographs with either natural or artificial lighting. The Complete Videography Guide:
• Use coloured gels, practicals, exposure contrast, your outfit and location choice like a pro
• Make yourself look great on-camera with the right lens choice and proper lighting
• Learn the most essential framing, cinematography, and composition techniques
• Get that “cinematic filmmaking look” for your own personal video setup
• 2 point, 3 point, rim light, natural light, high key and low key lighting
4. Record Crystal Clear Sounding Audio
We need to talk about audio now that you and I have greatly upgraded and improved everything visual. We delve into various microphone kinds, recording settings, audio hacks, and obtaining the finest sounding audio quality in this section. The Complete Videography Guide:
• Set your shoot up for crystal clear sounding audio and great sound dynamics
• Learn how top filmmakers get rid of echoes, buzzing, distortions, pops, and hums
• DIY set up to get great sounding vocals for your videos or podcasts at home
• Top audio recording techniques for video creators and filmmakers
• Audio hacks and which mics to use for different filming situations
5. Create Next Level Vids with B-roll and Cutaway Shots
You’re going to learn sophisticated methods in this phase that professional video producers utilize to produce captivating content. Regardless of your level of experience, this procedure will enable you to apply more complex filmmaking techniques in a fun and straightforward way.
• Film a more professional looking video using shot types different cinematography techniques
• Effectively use coverage to set yourself up for success in the editing process
• Get a filmmaker understanding of the purpose and use of each shot type
• Create a more dynamic final product with framing and multiple angles
• How to use the 180 degree rule, rule of thirds, and frame balancing
6. Get That Cinematic Look with Camera Movement
Making cinematic pictures with camera movement is one of my favourite course topics! There is a purpose behind the term “motion picture.” Here, we go in-depth on how, when, and why to use various movements to produce videos that appear theatrical. The Complete Videography Guide:
• Learn the ideal focal length, movement, frame rate, and composition choices for your project
• Get incredible looking and feeling shots using top video production techniques
• Use the same types of camera movement that you see in feature films
• Learn how movement direction, quality, and speed effect your audience
• Bring an overall filmmaking look and style to your videos
7. Make Your Shot List and Film Your Epic Montage
After mastering these shot list tactics, you won’t film important projects again without one (believe me on this). You’ll create, plan, and shoot the kind of montage that elevates a standard project to spectacular status in this practical lesson.
• Synthesise all the video production techniques learned into your final course video project
• Step by step guide to knocking out your list of specific shots in the best way possible
• In-camera transitions, filmmaking tricks, and how to make an impactful ending shot
• Essentials to create an organised and practical shot list for all future projects
• Cinematography tips and tricks to make your videos stand out
8. Expert Guest Speakers and Video Production Keys to Success
Here, you’ll be seated alongside me and three knowledgeable guests who have made a living as successful full-time filmmakers for many years. You’ll get the understanding, takeaways that can be put into practice, and inspiration from these classes that will help you further develop the abilities you’ve learned in this course.
• Bonus tools and ways to continue getting better shots after graduating this course
• Top pro’s and con’s of today’s most frequently used camera equipment
• Lens choice, equipment, and tips for properly choosing your video gear
• How to continue to make the most out of your skillset and equipment
• Motivation, progress, growth, and success as a video creator
9. Course Bonuses and Progressing Beyond this Course
You succeeded! Through each part, we collaborated to develop your skill set, and in the last step, we put the entire process together to create a finished piece that is both visually and acoustically crystal clear. It’s now time for you to continue making the videos you enjoy!
• Synthesise, recap, and review all of the lessons learned in the course
• Integrate the tools and know how to continue to improve and grow
• Accept my course challenge to start your new series or project
• Special student bonuses for completing the course
• And much more
My biggest goal for you:
The aim of this course is to impart to you all the skills and expertise I’ve developed over the course of my more than ten years working in the film industry, working with companies like Red Bull, Taco Bell, and Discovery Channel. The Complete Videography Guide:
Shooting better videos no matter what:
Regardless matter whether you’re using a camera or a smartphone to record Instagram videos, YouTube videos, short movies, music videos, documentaries, videos for business clients, or personal projects. The actionable takeaways from this course will benefit you regardless of your equipment or budget.
You’ll have lifetime access to:
• 85 Individual video lessons
• 6 Hours of learning content
• 8 Downloadable resources
• 6 Detailed case studies
• 4 Bonus video lectures
• 3 Course Articles
• 12 Hands-on lessons
• 10 Interactive exercises
• 3 Expert guest speakers
• 40 Gigabytes of streamable content
• Updates to all future course materials
• One on one with me in the Q&A section
If you want to learn the tools to shoot videos that you’re proud of, this is the course for you.
I’ll see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring filmmakers, Tik Tokers, Instagrammers, YouTubers, and other online content producers, as well as artists and photographers
- Someone looking to learn about cinematography and video production at the level of film schools without having to spend thousands of dollars. The Complete Videography Guide: