Both domestic and foreign students who want to pursue a PhD degree at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand can receive financial assistance through the Wellington PhD Scholarships 2023.
For the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships 2023 in New Zealand, applications are being accepted. International students who wish to pursue a PhD degree at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand are eligible for the coveted Wellington PhD Scholarships. The very competitive scholarships are given out based on an applicant’s potential for research, academic merit, and capacity to support the university’s research community. A stipend of NZD 27,500 and a three-year tuition fee waiver are awarded to selected candidates. The award aims to assist outstanding students in accomplishing their research objectives and giving back to the university’s research community.
Wellington Doctoral Scholarships 2023 in New Zealand Summary
- Scholarship Country: New Zealand
- Host institute: Victoria University of Wellington
- Course/Degree Level: Doctoral Programs
- Financial award: Fully Funded
- Number offered: 110 per year
- 1 July
- 1 November
Financial Benefits of Wellington Doctoral Scholarships
Successful candidates will get a variety of financial advantages from the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship. These advantages consist of:
- For 3.5 years for domestic students and 4 years for overseas students, full tuition fees are waived.
- a yearly stipend of up to NZD 2,000 to defray costs associated with undertaking research, such as going to conferences or doing fieldwork.
- access to a range of additional grants and funding options to support educational and research activities.
To be eligible for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Academic requirements: Applicants must have earned an Honours or Master’s degree (or similar) from a reputable postsecondary institution with First Class Honours (or equivalent).
- Research proposal: Applicants must submit a well-developed research proposal demonstrating originality, academic merit, and feasibility.
- Choose a PhD program: Candidates must choose a PhD program of their choosing and ensure that they satisfy the requirements for admission to the program.
- Citizenship: The scholarship is open to domestic and international students.
Wellington Doctoral Scholarships 2023 in New Zealand Deadline
The three application deadlines for Wellington Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand are:
- 1 July
- 1 November
How To Apply
- Select a PhD program: Applicants are required to select a doctoral program of their choice and confirm that they meet the program’s entry requirements.
- Find a supervisor: Applicants are required to locate a possible research project supervisor and communicate with them about their study idea.
- Fill out the application: Candidates must submit their online doctorate program application and specify that they want to be considered for the Wellington doctorate Scholarship.
- The application must be submitted by the deadline noted on the university’s website, together with all necessary supporting documentation.
- Await the outcome: The university will assess all applications and notify applicants of the outcome.