One of the most renowned research institutions in Munich, Germany is the Max Planck Institute, which provides paid and fully sponsored internships for international students. The Max Planck Institute Internship in Germany is now accepting applications. The world’s top undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students can apply for internships. While interns are welcome to join at any time of the year, the majority do so in the summer.
All internships come with full funding for lodging, food, and round-trip transportation. Although lengthier internships are possible, the normal internship lasts 12 to 14 weeks. You will be informed of the results of your application before March 1st, 2024, if you have been chosen for the Max Planck 2024 Internship. More information is provided below.
Max Planck Institute Internship Summary
- Internship Country: Germany
- Internship by: Max Planck Institute
- Who can Apply: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st November 2023
Do You Need German Knowledge for the Max Planck Institute Internship?
No, you don’t need to know German. English is the working language of each cooperating institute.
You will collaborate closely with a research team at one of the participating institutes as an intern, and you will have at least one faculty member serving as your mentor.
All internships are fully funded. Interns will receive:
- Monthly Stipend
- Living Costs
- Roundtrip travel costs
- Visa Cost
All disciplines of computer science as well as diverse academic backgrounds and interdisciplinary interests, such as those that connect social science, economics, law, humanities, and other fields, are open to applicants for the Max Planck Computer Science Internship.
Eligibility Criteria for the Max Planck Institute Internship in Germany
- Internships are open to worldwide students.
- international undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students with a foundation in computer science.
- Students looking for Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis projects are also welcome to apply.
- Enrolled students can also apply for the Max Planck Internship.
- transdisciplinary interests and a variety of academic backgrounds, such as those that overlap with social science, economics, law, and the humanities, among others.
If you are chosen for an internship and need a visa to enter Germany, Max Planck will give you the paperwork you need.
It is your responsibility to submit a timely visa application to a nearby German consulate. If the embassy requests payment for a visa, get in touch with the Max Planck Institute and let them know how much the visa will cost; they will pay.
You will need to provide your CV, transcripts, contact information for at least one reference, and an optional motivation letter.
- Application deadline for internships beginning between May and August is November 1 of the preceding year.
- Application deadlines for internships starting at any other period of the year are at least five months in advance.
How to Apply (Application Process)
- Apply online. Submit your application via https://apply.cis.mpg.de/register/internship.
- You will need to select the mentor under which you want to work (optionally).