The Confucius Institute Scholarship supports foreign academics and students studying in China based on academic accomplishment and HSK results.
For the Confucius Institute Scholarships 2024, applications are being accepted. Online applications for the Confucius Institute Fully Funded Scholarship 2024 in China must be submitted by 1 November 2023. Students from all around the world who want to complete their Ph.D. programs and research programs can apply for fully financed scholarships. It is possible to pursue almost any discipline or area of expertise, including agriculture, art, biology, engineering, economics, and science. All international students are eligible for the Fully Funded Confucius Institute Scholarship in China.
More than 150 Chinese universities offer courses in Chinese language and culture. Confucius Institute Scholarships are given for certain Ph.D. studies, research stays, participation in international conferences, and Chinese language and culture courses. The Confucius Institute is a government organization whose mission is to advance global comprehension of Chinese language and culture.
About Confucius Institute
The Confucius Institute (CI), a nonprofit educational organization, was established by the Chinese government. With the intention of promoting Chinese language and culture abroad, in 2004. These institutions are named after the well-known Chinese philosopher Confucius. Collaborate with regional schools in several countries to offer workshops, training programs, and Chinese language education for teachers.
CIs have gained widespread recognition for their role in fostering intercultural understanding and enhancing educational exchange between China and the rest of the world. They are valuable resources for anyone interested in Chinese culture and provide opportunities for students to study abroad in China.
About Confucius Institute Scholarships 2024
- Host Country: China
- Scholarship Award: Fully Funded
- Degrees Offered: Research Programs & PhD
- Host Organization: Confucius Institute
- Application Last Date: 1st November 2023
- tuition and lodging (shared with a roommate in a university dorm). The following will be provided in addition to basic health insurance and a monthly budget for personal expenses:
- Monthly tuition for BTCSOL or Chinese language and culture classes is 2,500 Yuan ($350 USD).
- MTCSOL students receive 3,000 Yuan (about 420 USD) every month.
- The idea of scholarship recipients living somewhere other than on campus has recently been researched. The Confucius Institute provides 700 Yuan (on top of the monthly allowance) in these circumstances to help with the cost of rent.
- Candidates must not be of Chinese descent and be in good physical condition.
- In order to be granted a residency visa, you must prove that you are in good bodily and mental health if you intend to study in China for longer than six months.
- After you arrive at your chosen university, you will need to submit a correctly completed copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form or official Chinese medical form (this is not a necessary document during the application process).
- The applicant must be between the ages of 16 and 35 (or 45 if they can demonstrate that they were already working as Chinese teachers at the time of application).
- Chinese language proficiency is required. It varies depending on the type of scholarship. For instance, to qualify for a scholarship to study Chinese language and culture, you must obtain at least 60 points in the oral HSK and 180 points in the written HSK3.
- You must email your college transcripts and graduation in order to be considered for the MTCSOL scholarship. To be eligible for the BTCSOL scholarship or Chinese language studies, you must have finished high school. If you do not already have this documentation in either English or Chinese, you must provide a sworn translation in one of those two languages.
- The Highest Degree Transcript
- CV / Resume
- Passport size photograph
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Acceptance Letter
- Application Form
- A motivational letter or Statement of purpose.
- A valid passport
The Confucius Institute Fully Funded Scholarship 2024 in China has a 1 November 2023 deadline for online applications.
How To Apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarships 2024?
- Application deadlines: till the start of May (often day 1) if you want to start in September, or until the start of November if you want to start in March.
- Send your application to the scholarship coordinator if you are a Confucius Institute student as you are eligible to do so. All supporting documentation, including your passport and a passport-size photo, must be scanned and submitted online through the official portal in order to be considered for the Confucius Institute scholarships.
- The relevant paper documents must then be sent, preferably as certified copies since they won’t be returned. The scholarship administrator for your Confucius Institute will be in charge of mailing the rewards to Hanban (the Confucius Institute’s main office in China).
- For more information see the “official website” link.