The Vanier Graduate Scholarships are significant Canadian grants that recognize and encourage excellent doctorate students who are conducting research in a variety of fields.
The Vanier Graduate Scholarships 2023 are now accepting applications. The online application deadline for the Vanier Graduate Scholarships 2023 for International Candidates is November 1st, 2023. The Vanier Graduate Scholarship, which the Canadian government awards to international students, is one of the best scholarships for master’s and doctorate degree programs. This scholarship provides a considerable stipend to cover living expenses and tuition throughout the recipient’s time in Canada.
Table of contents
- About Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- Details of Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- List of Research Topics
- Application Requirements
- Required Documents
- Deadline of Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- How To Apply for the Vanier Graduate Scholarships?
- Frequently Asked Questions
About Vanier Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Graduate Scholarships are a well-known scholarship program in Canada. This scholarship is provided by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), as part of a tri-agency program. From 1959 until 1967, Major-General Georges P. Vanier was Governor General of Canada.
With the assistance of this Scholarship, top-tier PhD candidates from around the world may be drawn to Canada and encouraged to continue their studies there. This award provides substantial financial aid to outstanding individuals who demonstrate academic success, research potential, and leadership skills in their fields.
Details of Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- Available Degrees: Master with a Ph.D. option and Ph.D.
- Award of Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Name of the university: Top Canadian Universities
- The host country is Canada
- Application deadline: November 1, 2023
$50,000 for living expenses, education bills, housing, and other study-related expenses every year.
List of Research Topics
- Research in the natural sciences or engineering
- Research on health
- Research in the social sciences and humanities
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or foreign candidates from other countries.
- The applicant ought to have worked on research projects.
- Admission to Canadian colleges requires the IELTS or TOEFL.
- The applicant must be dedicated to studying in Canada full-time.
- Transcript of Undergraduate( For Master’s)
- Transcript of the Master’s( For Ph.D.)
- Resume or CV
- The motivational letter/Statement of purpose
- Study Plan/Research Proposal.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Health Certificate
- No Criminal Record
Deadline of Vanier Graduate Scholarships
The Scholarships for International Candidates Online Application Deadline is November 1st, 2023.
How To Apply ?
- Verify that you are eligible.
- Make contact with the graduate professors.
- Share your interest in the Vanier Scholarship with the faculty.
- Make a CVV (Canadian Common CV).
- Connect CVV with ResearchNet.
- Launch the ResearchNet application, then complete the form.
- For further information, go to the Vanier Graduate Scholarship’s official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
The scholarships are intended to help individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership potential, and a commitment to research in a variety of fields.
Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or international students nominated by an appropriate Canadian institution to be eligible for this Scholarship. Applicants must be working on a doctorate (Ph.D., MA/Ph.D., or MD/Ph.D.) in health, natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, or humanities.
They are unable to apply directly to the Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program. Interested students should contact the graduate studies office at their preferred university for details on the internal selection process and deadlines.
Scholarship application dates may differ from one college to the next. Typically, each institution has its own internal date for students to submit their applications. As a result, applicants must check with their particular Canadian universities for precise application deadlines.